1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gardens, Muddy Gardens!

I've been itching to get into my gardens and decided not to let the mud stop me.  It's been the coldest, wettest spring.  I started lettuce, cherry tomatoes, sweet onions, cilantro, chives and oregano indoors.
Our front flower garden has a new mini wall!  We still have quite a stretch to complete, but I love the new look.
The spearmint is coming up beautifully!  If you would like a start for your garden, I'm happy to dig some up for you.  It grows like weeds and we have mint in two places.
Irish moss is wonderful.  It spreads quickly and makes a great ground cover.  It flowers, too!
The small flower garden in the back yard is flourishing.
I started to dig up weeds and old roots in the veggie garden.  I got as far as my back could handle for an hour.  To be continued as the sun will allow.
My baby rhubarb! ♥♥♥  This will have to be widened, of course.  But to protect it from the weed eater I hastily added a barrier.
My favorite thing this year- these 'Charleston Rope Chairs'.  I loved mine so much that I purchased another one so I wouldn't have to share.  (Cough..cough.. I mean so that someone else could also enjoy one..)  There is NOTHING like relaxing in one of these with a book.  They will stretch out to hold legs and feet, too.   I strategically placed them where the afternoon sun hits.   Perfect!  This is my daughter on the left and her 'bestie'.  The chairs come in on rainy days.  ☼

2 comments:

  1. Your gardens are looking great. I too, cannot wait for warmer spring weather!
    I would love to have some spearmint starts! I have some orange mint, lemon balm, and peppermint, if you are interested! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will bring a start to church for you, Nadine. :)

    ReplyDelete