1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

FINALLY It's October!

I'll bet that most people wait and wait all year for December.  I wait for October.  Hooray for cooler weather!  Falling leaves, heaters turning on, sweaters, candle light, decorations, warm drinks, Halloween, spicy scents, pumpkin baking, farm visits.. should I keep going?  I could!  October is my favorite. ♥  I added a simple wreath to the window frame in the living room.  people keep telling me that they know someone who puts photos in their window frames.  I really don't want to do that. 
I snagged this wreath from a thrift shop and added the paper leaves I already had on hand.  I think it's a nice touch. :)
I got out the Jack-O-Lantern lights.  
The kids' play loft has been transformed into a castle.  I try to do something different for the kids every year.  They enjoy the change!  It's fun to listen to them go on about Kings and Queens.  Add a few props and it really sparks the imagination.
Add some pumpkins and they will play "trick-or-treat" for an hour!  They played with fruits and vegetables.. remind me not to trick-or-treat at that house..
Here is Petra teaching Zuko how to hunt.  He had his first kill yesterday.  Beetle. 
 At the bus stop, we found helicopters!  I really don't know these seeds by any other name.  I felt it was important that we take the time to stop and play with them for a minute.
  Toss them up and watch them flutter down in helicopter form!  We thanked God for such a fun toy.  
In preschool we are learning the letter Cc. :)
It doesn't concern me at all that this one just drew lines.  She has complete control of that crayon!  She can also point and tell me the letter.  My job is done!
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday, and Happy October!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment