1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Let's Get Outta Here Again!

10:00 rolled around.  Time to complete the worksheet.  Nope.  The sun was shining- it had already been a blissfully beautiful morning.  The fog was so heavy we couldn't see the lake.  "Let's go on an adventure!" I suggested.  Celebratory jumping up and down ensued.  We immediately loaded into the van.  I knew where we were going. 
To set the mood- we listened to this awesome children's CD.  I don't usually like children's music.  (Really, why do most of them have to be so incredibly annoying?)  This CD is a gem- fun and slightly spooky Halloween songs- all dance worthy.  The kids were rocking out in their seats.  They kept asking me for another Halloween song. 
Since we planned our adventure at the last minute, we headed towards the easiest accessible pumpkin patch.  We usually go to Craven Farm, this time we went to Carleton Farm. 
They couldn't wait to go see what we could find!
The first stop was to look at the big pumpkins.  
We tried to pick one up...
He showed me his muscles anyway.  Just so I would know that he does have them, even though we couldn't lift a giant pumpkin. (Boys.)
We wandered along to see the animals. 
Whoa-- here stands natures most ferocious predator- the white turkey.  Torturous childhood memories came flooding back- times of desperation- cornered in a chicken coop by a gang of mean puffed up white turkeys-- oh the memories!  Truly Halloween creatures!  Eat them!  Eat them!
"Hi pig! Where's your straw house?"  I laughed about this.  Kids are so funny!
Please?  Just one picture?  Ok, just one more. :)
We grabbed a wheelbarrow and wandered down the hill to the pumpkin patch!  
It was loaded with pumpkins of all shapes and sizes.  The kids were SO good and had no problem staying with me.  I was very proud.
They spent some time locating their pumpkins.  We tried to stay in th $5 range.  
Some of our pumpkin finds.
Back up near the Farm Store, we watched a tractor load in some more giant pumpkins!
The pumpkin pile in the wheelbarrow kept growing and growing.  I like to run small pumpkins along the railing to the door at Henle House.
They were very excited when it was time to go purchase the pumpkins.   I'm just not sure why.  But I'll snap a photo!
Because of our late start, I gave in to myself and drove through the Burger King drive through and ordered them hamburgers and fries.  We were running pretty far behind, and by this time of day I should've already had their lunches made. 
Extra lunch cost- $10.00.  The worth of having an instant lunch ready- priceless. 
It was a GREAT day!
♫From our awesome Andrew Gold Halloween CD- 'Don't Scream, It's Only Halloween'. ♫
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment