1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

A Baby

Fifteen years ago I became a mom.  I was TERRIFIED.  Here I was with my mom, look at the size of my belly.  It was 'guestimated' that my baby was going to be large.  The big belly was actually the result of Jello boxed cheesecake, I'm certain.
Out popped my tiny little sweetheart, Stephanie.  Weighing in at 5 lbs. 9 ounces, born at 5:17AM on October 17th 1998.  She didn't have any wrinkles, just bright wide eyes.  I was scared to touch her- sure she would break.  The nurses stood by and after that first diaper change it became natural.  This tiny person who would rely on me for her every need.  How on earth was I going to be able to teach her everything?  It seemed so overwhelming.
Stephanie was an only child for five years.  I spent every free minute doting on her and going places with her.  She's my girl!!  Her horse obsession lasted about 8 years. 
Now she is a budding author, working on her first children's book and is already talking to a publisher.  
She gave me the gift of becoming a mother!  Of all of the jobs that I have, being a mom is clearly the greatest, most important and the hardest of them all.
Happy 15th Birthday my sweet Stephanie Michelle!  
We are so proud of you and love you more than words could ever express. 
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥
I feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment