1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Frankenstein

When I told the kids we were going to paint a green monster, they were a bit hesitant.  When the subject of monsters comes up, I just try to remind them that Elmo, Cookie Monster and their favorite- SUPER GROVER, are all monsters too.  That usually helps them feel more secure that there are no scary monsters at Henle House.  If someone gets worried I will ask them, "Wait a second- are monsters REAL?"  They end up reassuring me that they are not and I shouldn't be scared.  It usually works to ease whatever fear they are having.  I did find it comical that they were a bit scared of their green monsters before they began. 
To prepare, I cut out these shapes before we began.
Paint paint paint!
The pieces were glued on.  None of the kids recognized Frankenstein.  All of the figures from my childhood are unrecognizable to them. (Bugs Bunny, Frankenstein, Care Bears, Wonder Woman, Cindy Lauper.) 
After the monsters were dry, the kids drew mouths on. I think they look pretty cute, don't you?
Stephanie carved her jack-o-lantern. :)
Tomorrow is the big day!  I'll be honest- I like the weeks leading up to Halloween more than the actual day.  I think I'm ready to move into November.  You?  But for now, it's almost the last day to be able to listen to this excellent version of 'This Is Halloween' by Marilyn Manson.  Must play it LOUD!
♫Enjoy the light show! It's prettier than Marilyn Manson's face. ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment