1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, October 25, 2013

Ghosties

Who doesn't love a good ghost story around Halloween?  I know I do.  These kids are too young for a ghost story, but we can create some fun ghosts instead!
To begin, you need a black piece of construction paper, a paper plate, a piece of chalk (any color will do) and a ghost cut out of sturdy card stock.  I use manilla folders for my ghost shapes.
I told the kids that something kind of magical was about to happen but I needed their help.  They got busy coloring the ghost shape completely with the chalk.  The more chalk, the better.
The next step is to firmly hold the ghost shape on the paper.  Using a kleenex, drag the chalk from the ghost shape onto the paper.  Be very careful not to let the ghost shape move.
Most of the kids were able to do this without my help. 
They repeated the process until they each had three ghosts.  Adding facial features is a nice touch!



 Just for fun, here is a photo of my family.  I think the beautiful young girl to the left (looks just like my mother as a child) is my sweet Grandma Audette.  I could be wrong.  What a great celebration this must have been.  The one thing I keep seeing in the photo is the ghostly image of a man floating above the window.  Angel? Click on the photo to get a closer look.  See him?  Boo!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment