1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Candy Corn Mosaic

To prepare, I used one sheet of white construction paper, one yellow and one orange.  I cut each paper into strips, and then into small mosaic squares.  I use old applesauce containers for art supplies, they are so helpful and just the right size for small hands to use.
Ahead of time, I drew a candy corn shape onto some paper.  The kids began to glue their mosaic squares onto the candy corn.
 I had four preschoolers and a kitten.  
Look at baby Zuzu! (Zuko)  He is so cute-- I could just eat him up all day.  He wants to be a part of what's happening in the house, too.  What a good boy. ♥
It took about half an hour for the kids to glue their pieces on.  Just the right amount of time.  I find that if a project goes much longer than that, I might as well just not begin it.  30 minutes can be a long time for a preschooler to sit in one spot.
Looking at candy corn later, I realized that the orange actually goes in the middle.  Oh well- I think they turned out beautiful!  
Seeeee?
Meanwhile, my handsome hubby brought me home some beautiful fall colored flowers the other day- and TWO beautiful pumpkins to go with them!  He knows me so well.  I love that guy.
I had a little bit of fun decorating the front door for Halloween. 
Not too scary- no creatures.
Just spiders!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment