1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Wooden Treasures

There are many reasons that I love Snohomish, and barn sales are one of them.  Farms will clear out the barn items, dusty and cobwebbed.  I found this wooden fruit crate along with several others and purchased them for $3 a piece.  I used all of them as shelves in the dining room, and this one holds my garlic.  I added some hooks for herb or seed drying.  What you see is from last year, I didn't want it to be empty.  Spearmint, catnip, and a fiery red sunflower loaded with seeds for this year.  I usually get the garlic braid from the market in Seattle.
This treasure was tangled in a mess of overgrown trees in the back yard when we bought this house.  I loved it so much I brought it inside.  It had clearly been out there for years, and was getting weathered.  Who knows, maybe it was only a month, considering our wet weather.  It's safe, now.
This was a fun find, too.  Kids in tow, we rummaged through a large old church that was full of junk.
Not so old, this was purchased at Ben Franklin.  I couldn't help it, it has apples on it.  We have an ancient apple tree.  This holds the pens at the sign in and out station.   I am always on the hunt for wooden treasures.  The older and more interesting, the better.   Happy weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment