1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Amazing Race (Part One)

We have finally entered Dorkdom and are now dressing the same.  Just kidding- today we are taking part in an "Amazing Race" that is being put on by the leaders of a couples bible study.  We were told to wear the same colors.  We get to bring one backpack, to be inspected upon arrival.  No electronics, purses, or money.  I cannot for the life of me locate a payphone in all of the local places I frequent.  (At least in my mind.)  Wait- we can't bring money anyway!  We are bringing a Thomas Guide, flashlight, towel (we were told we will get wet), rope, candlestick, wrench.  Not really, but it is proving difficult to know what to bring when we do not have any idea what will take place.  I think there will be seven couples- and Adam is not the type to lose easily, so I have a lot of pressure on me today.  At least we look cool.  Since I can't take the camera, I'll just have to tell you about it tomorrow.  Maybe in claymation? Anyway- this is something new for both of us, and we must solve puzzles to receive our next clue, and have a full tank of gas to get to each checkpoint.  I can't wait to see how it was all put together- what a great way to spend a Saturday!

1 comment: