1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Good Use For Small Jeans

One of my favorite blogs posted this idea to use up the extra jeans we have in our closets.  I must have 4 or 5 pairs that I always think someday I'll fit back into, although not likely.  I gained a clean 10 pounds when I turned 31, and it has clung tightly and become a part of me. 2 years later- time to hack up those jeans and move forward.  The link Cool Jean Purse shows a different and much easier version.  The photo above, is what I ended up with, times 3.  Three anxious little girls waited patiently to pick out their own buttons, and were happy to stuff extra fabric inside when I didn't have anything cool to put in the purses.  All three took about an hour.  I used the jeans inseam for straps.
I just took my skinny pants, and chopped off the bottom of each pant leg.  Simple.  Resourceful, and now I don't feel like I have to fit into them someday.  Goodbye, mean jeans- you don't hold power over me anymore!
Look where 'Diamond" was found recently, with "Chick" tucked safely under a blankie for a nap.  If you don't know the story of "Diamond", Here it is!  He is still floating all over the place.  "Chick",  however, has been disassembled.  We use our beanbags all of the time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment