1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Happy November!

 Sorry I missed the blog post yesterday-- I was very sick.  Here is what we did on Halloween.
It's a Henle House tradition on Halloween to bring in all of the jack-o-lanterns and have a flashlight story time. 
Here they all were, ready for some spooky Halloween stories.  They didn't know I was going to take a photo and the flash caught a couple of them off guard.  Oops!
For snack, we each created a dirt cup.  I mixed up the pudding ahead of time because I knew we would be far too busy to spend the time to prepare it.  We scooped some chocolate pudding into our cups.  Next, we crushed some cookies in a ziplock bag.  After adding that to the pudding, we added two gummy worms and a ghost peep.  I did not take any photos of the finished product.  I wasn't feeling very well and was slowing down.
Next, it was time to play pin the smile on the skeleton!
I loved the eyes on the mask.  I purchased the game at Fred Meyer for around $5.00.
The smiles are stickers, but I kept the backs attached and just used tape so we can reuse the game again next year.
Everyone enjoyed their turn!
Love it!
They were congratulating each other afterward.
 He was finally able to put on his costume after school!  Ninja Turtles have been really popular with the boys this year.  We had one other Ninja Turtle who popped by to show me his costume and I forgot to snap his photo. 
A Power Ranger came for a visit!  I was glad to see the kids' costumes.  They were excited to show me.
This was our group of trick-or-treaters.  Our niece and our boys.  We had a successful and fun evening.
I fell ill Sunday-- whatever was trying to get me took control Sunday.  I spent ten hours on the couch yesterday- that is a record for me.  Today my goal is to keep the noise level down.  Believe it or not-- a great way to do that is to add music.  Soothing and slow music.  The kids react to the music that is playing.  They keep the noise level down if I also keep the music down.  It's pretty helpful! 
Happy November! I was so happy to take Halloween down. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment