1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

We Can Do It/Happy Thanksgiving

Lately the kids have been learning how to put together their own nap time mat.  This means finding the mats that they use, putting them where they go, slipping on the fitted sheet, finding and placing their pillows on the mats and locating and laying out blankets.  They enjoy doing it! 
The hardest part is figuring how the sheet slips on.  Most of our fitted sheets were sewn together by me, using old sheets.  It can be a struggle to get it on the mats, especially the thicker mats.  All of the kids put forth solid effort, and are pleased with the work they have done.
What will be left for me to do if I teach them all to be self sufficient?  Trust me- there is plenty!  
I'm making sure that all of the families who bless us with their children each week know how thankful we are for them.  Do they really know how grateful I am?  I hope so, and Thanksgiving is my time to share that.  I do not take them for granted, each and every one of them makes my life so happy.  I'm thankful for this job.  I'm thankful that we also live in a place where we can take time out to go fishing.  Look how peaceful that is!  My cup is FULL of things to be thankful for, and the number one thing that I still thank God for each and every day is that He plucked me out of a terrible situation and turned my life around completely.  I don't deserve to be saved, yet I am.  It's been 10 years since I started my walk with the Lord.  God has that gift for all of us, all we have to do is reach out and take hold of it.  Jesus made it possible.  I'm thankful for my amazing husband.  I have never felt as secure as I feel with him.  I'm thankful for my babies, and that I get to see them growing up in a home.   (With Smudge, the worlds best cat.) The blog will take a break over the long weekend.  See you next week, and  all of us at Henle House wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment