1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Doctor's Office & Jeweled Thumbprints

The dramatic pay area was long overdue for a new theme.  I am feeling myself again, now.  Last summer I found a great doctor play kit at a yard sale for $5.00.   I have hesitated to bring out the doctor kits after I removed them two years ago.   The rules are that the kids must keep their hands to themselves, and with so many young children back then, the doctor idea got out of control.  I feel like the group of kids that I have right now can handle sticking to the rules, so here we go.  Sometimes we have to base our play options on the children we have enrolled and how they play. 
Here is the office.  I showed the kids how to pretend to make an appointment for someone who has an "owie" or is sick.  
Here is the small doctor's exam room.  Adam got out his real x-ray from when he cracked his finger playing football. Neat!
We now all have our degrees and are safe to practice medicine.
I pulled out three white button up shirts from the dress up cabinet.  These are now doctor coats.
Here are our patients!  This will hopefully prevent any doctor problems.  The kids can only use the bandages and tools on a puppet.  There are plenty of puppets, so everyone can play!
The shelves have supplies, ready for little hands.  There isn't anything that they cannot get out and play with.
This is a neat chart that came with the kit!  I'm making it easy, and not giving them writing utensils.  They can use their finger to mark where the injuries are.
They have lots of tools to play with.  No sharp edges, just very realistic looking.  The best part?  We have a working stethoscope.
They spent some time bandaging puppet arms. :)  
I added some gloves, just for fun.
I only had two girls yesterday while everyone else was in school, and they enjoyed dress up!
I mixed up a batch of Jeweled Thumbprint cookies.  It was the first time using this recipe, and I found it in my Taste Of Home magazine.  You can get the recipe HERE.  I used apricot jam.  Adam said they are the best cookies ever. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment