1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Five Finger Turkeys

It wouldn't be November without a plethora of turkeys.
We needed to create more turkeys.  This one is a classic-- handprint turkeys.  It ties in with our learning of the number five.  We painted one hand brown and printed it onto a paper plate.  We counted the five fingers.
The kids glued feathers onto the fingers, and an eye onto the thumb.  Those who could, drew a beak and a gobble.  I'm not sure what the correct term is for the red thing.  I called it a gobbler, and the kids insisted it is a gobble.  Either way-- I can't believe we made it through creating turkeys without anyone gobbling!  I love gobbling.  It makes everyone laugh.
They drew legs.  
We could have expanded this project to include some yarn lacing around the plate.  The sun was out and I thought we should get outside instead.
It was nice and dry, but very windy and cold.
A nice crisp Fall morning!  We were all here for Veteran's Day.
The primrose is still blooming.  
At the little red table for the past five days has been two trays of legos.  This has been a HUGE hit! I'm dieing to get out something new, but the kids really love this.  I might put them in the playroom permanently as a table toy. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment