1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, November 14, 2014

Story Exploring

Story Exploring is a wonderful tool.  I was blessed to attend a course that taught me how to use the Motheread curriculum, and in turn they provided me with most of the books needed for all of the curriculum plans.  The idea is to take a story and expand it into a full lesson.  Yesterday we used 'Sam Who Never Forgets' by Eve Rice.   The lesson for the day is about caring for others.  Sam is the zookeeper who never forgets to feed the animals at 3:00.  The elephant thought that Sam forgot and was very sad.  Sam was actually busy filling an entire wagon with hay just for the elephant.   Phew!  The kids really felt bad for the elephant and had worry written all over their faces.
We created a handprint elephant.
I think I cut the ears too large, but the kids could recognize the finished product as an elephant.
See?  
I have been loving these dry days.  The leaves are actually crunchy instead of soggy.  We spent some time yesterday crunching around in them.
What a beautiful day!
Crunch, crunch, crunch..
Everyone was content.
The carrots are still happy in the garden.  I think I will pile some leaves onto them to protect them though the winter.  It will be nice to pull them out for soup occasionally. 
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment