1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Maes Crochet Creations

Goodbye forever, favorite red umbrella of mine.  This morning at the bus stop we all had a scary weather experience!  The rain picked up out of nowhere and the wind was outstanding.  I had to run after umbrellas twice, and most of them were turned inside out anyway.  The kids were really scared!  I think they sensed my own urgency, and fed off of it.  Once I realized that- my mood had to change and they responded.  We raced home, soaking wet-- broken umbrella, being literally blown around, rain in our eyes.  I'll admit, it was a bit scary.  The force of the wind had me worrying about the power lines.  I can't pick up and carry FIVE kids.  We are here now, safe and sound-- and all of our clothes are in the dryer.  
They were done crying and were still concerned about the wind outside.  It was CRAZY!!  
Yesterday we painted the word yellow. :)
We then chose five yellow items to place around our yellow word.
Ta-da! 
This is Adam's cousin, Mae Anecito.  She is an artist when it comes to clothing and jewelry and more! I was recently alerted to her facebook page Maes Crochet Creations and was thrilled because I always thought she should sell her stuff.  I ordered two pieces from her, the open front jacket, and fairy vest.  She arrived at our place last night with the open front jacket!  You can go to facebook and check out her page, it has photos of options available.   Congratulate her on her recent nuptials, too!  She's a newlywed!
Ta-da!  Here is what I adore about this piece-- number one- the generous sleeve width.  She of course, can crochet the sleeves at any length that you prefer, and in any color.  I love the length, I love that I can wear it slouching off of the shoulders.  It keeps me really warm!  I chose black because it goes with everything. 
Here is a view of the back.
She suggested tieing it in front with some yarn, and that is how I am wearing it this morning.  The cost of this piece is $40.00.  I think it's worth every penny!  She also said some magic words to me-- I asked how it should be cleaned and she replied,  "Just throw it in the washer and dryer!"  She does suggest using a dryer sheet to avoid static, which is inevitable.
She also created beautiful pendants that can be personalized.  She said she can even place a photo inside.  Christmas ideas!!  Feel free to pass out her information if you know anyone who might be interested. See the pendants HERE.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment