1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I'm In My Element

This art project is by far, my favorite.  This is the project that trumps all other art projects.  (And we have created a LOT of projects!) The kids painted the white paper with orange, yellow and red.
They can mix the paints, or not. The goal is to make all of the white paper disappear.
I love it.
Paint, paint, paint.
When the page is fully painted, then it's time for the magic.
Ahead of time, I cut out the leaves and the number 3.  For multiple pages, just staple the pages together and do the cutting once.  Remove the staples and you have multiple leaf page templates ready for use.
The emphasis was on three.  We placed the template over the top of the painting.
There is no other project that I love more than this one.
This is a celebration of God's Autumn beauty.  The way the leaves POP off of the paper is lovely.
No other project does justice to the leaf the way that this one does!
I love the mess of these colors.  It's the sign of a great morning!
Sometimes I wonder what I am doing with my life.  Then I take a look around and realize that I am in my element.  I am a mom, but I am also a part of all of these other children's childhoods.  That is so important!  I try to remember that when I am having what I refer to as "a day".   My short comings are just of minimal importance when I step back and look at the big picture.  
Happy October!  The month I wait for all year long!  The most spooky, gloriously colorful, cozy comfy month of the entire year for me!  I've got some decorations to rifle through today as I try to decide what fun to surprise the kids with this month in the play room.  We shall see, and I'm sure I will share with you.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment