1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, October 20, 2014

Pumpkin Bisque

There is something very satisfying to me about setting the table.  It's not something that we have ever done with our own family on a regular basis.  For us, we usually grab a plate and serve up right off of the stove and then sit down together to eat.  When we have planned guests, I like to get out a tablecloth to hide the battered table, and set the dishes out. We had my parents over for dinner last night.  I searched Pinterest for tablescapes, and decided that I felt like less was gong to be much more this time and went with a simple squash pumpkin in the middle of the table.
I didn't pull out the cloth napkins, though.  I suppose I wanted to keep it feeling casual.
The soup was a Smoky Gouda Pumpkin Bisque.  You can find the recipe HERE at Taste Of Home.
The changes that I made were simple.  We felt it was mildly bland and added some garlic salt to taste.  I always add more cheese.  It was a smooth and comforting soup!  It paired well with a Caprese Salad,  and you can find that recipe HERE.  I added some crispy pear chunks to it.  I think it worked out well.  We also served some crostini and some Italian Loaf bread.  This morning I feel like I need to go on a diet.  But since Adam and I won't be hosting any large holiday gatherings this year, it was really fun to put something small together and make it special! 
Friday was so crazy that the preschool schedule went straight out the window, and I have nothing to share about our day.  Check back tomorrow!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment