1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Helicopters

We took ten minutes yesterday and played with some puzzle pieces numbered 1-5.  When the pieces are lined up in order, they create an alligator scene.  It was fast, and to speed things along, I had them all prepared ahead of time.  I just took the numbered sticker pieces and stuck them to craft sticks. 
See?  Easy.
I don't know what's going on, but this October weather has been very summer like.  It has really been beautiful every day!  At the morning bus stop, we noticed some "helicopters" laying on the ground.  These are seeds from a Maple tree.  I reminded the kids that our giant tree down the street is also a Maple tree, and that we should walk down there and see if it has also shared some "helicopters" with us.  
I can't believe how slow the leaves are changing this year.  Is it the weather?  Maybe. 
We paused to notice what colors the leaves are beginning to turn.  Yellow!
"Hooray!  The giant tree!" 
They forgot to look for helicopters because they were very excited to climb up into the tree.  I love these little visits.
Up and down, over and over.
He found one!
Usually by now there are lots of leaves to play in.  Not yet!  We will keep visiting in anticipation.
I put some helicopters into a baggie for them to play with back at Henle House after nap time.
We hopped over to the church park.  It was really warming up!  Pretty soon these girls would learn that someone needs to be on the other side of the teeter totter.
The kids really loved the tunnel slide this time.  
The leaves were looking beautiful over there.
She was looking for them!
A parent made this beautiful wreath for me! I had to share because I had been looking on Pinterest at burlap wreaths and hadn't made one before.  I'm just not crafty in that sense.  Luckily, this one arrived.  It was really a wonderful surprise. :)
Today will be the best day EVER, we are going to the pumpkin patch. 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment