1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Craven Farm

We huddled together for one last question. "Who do you stay with at all times?"  They know the answer pretty well.  We were ready for a fun morning, all geared up in rubber boots.  Prepare yourselves for a photo overload!  I took 87 and tried to choose the best ones to share. There are so many great shots.  
"Can we go yet?"  Of course we can.  I love Craven Farm in Snohomish.  No entry fee, no crazy crowds of screaming tired children fighting to see everything.  No strollers blocking the way at every turn, no nonsense. No drama.  Just serenity.
I love this shot.
I did not ask them to walk in a line.  They just did.
This farm is an anti social persons dream.  That is why I love it so much! We stopped to pose. 
Every year they build small scenes for the kids to look at.  They loved the corn stalk horse.
Into the small animal barn we went to see who was inside.  This is the first time we have seen a pony here. 
There were two goats who kept butting each other. 
They each had a turn in the space shuttle!  This is a cool little space! (No pun intended.)
I love that Craven Farm has a wall dedicated to the unusual pumpkins and seasonal squash.  I brought one of them home. 
Cheeese!
To be a scarecrow, you must be serious. LOL
We don't have a mid-day bus to retrieve anyone from this year, so we had ample time to explore the farm!  We made sure to stop at every attraction. 
The Three Little Pumpkin Pigs. 
Inside of  this thing that usually houses baby calves.  (What is it called? Anyone?)
We spent a lot of time here.  Kids love this sort of thing!
I love the teepee and canoe.  I think it's my favorite play area. 
I love that kids get to play with real equipment at Craven Farm.  
Everyone got to drive the truck!
The speed boat, too!
Ahoy, matey! Pirate crossing!
I think this one was their favorite.
There was a pole inside. 
I was very happy to see a row of these nearby.  It doesn't matter how diligent I am about having everyone take a potty break before we leave.  Someone always needs to go when we are out and about.  These were close and accessible.  I didn't have to worry about hauling a group into a bathroom.  
The weather was beautiful.  Foggy!
We explored a space that we hadn't seen in the past years!
I love this arbor! 
Off into an open area we went to run around and burn some energy.
The walls of corn kept the kids contained.
We played "scarecrow".  It's an easy game, all you have to do is freeze.
It was time to go to the pumpkin patch!
Everyone took time to decide which pumpkin was the right one for them. 
They were trying to remember whose was whose.
The corn was beautiful.
I loved the apple trees that lined the fence.  This screams "Fall".
The colors of Autumn were peeking through the fog.
I couldn't resist sneaking up to see these turkeys. 
We had enough money left over for each child to buy a cookie for good behavior.  They were all wonderful!
I brought a roll of tape and a marker to label everyone's pumpkin before loading them into the van.  I also brought grocery bags with me to bag everyone's boots before they got in.  This is how I kept mud out of the van.  They thought it was funny riding in the van without shoes.  
It was another "Best Day Ever".  I seem to be having a lot of those lately, and I thank God for that!
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

1 comment: