1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Over & Under

At the little red table this morning are some fall themed foam beads and pipe cleaners.  These foam beads are hard to string onto anything without a firm pointy end, so pipe cleaners work really well.   
The kids have been enjoying the yard sale Tinker Toys, too!  It was a really great purchase for only $.50.  These are the classic wooden ones, too.  
Last week we skipped this concept worksheet, and yesterday was the perfect day to complete it.  I'm glad I set it aside.  The idea is for the kids to look at the item and glue it either over or under the tree.  
I love to see a table full of busy hands.
They each just worked through all of the pieces.
While they worked, I gave other examples.  I threw a ball of yarn over their heads and then rolled it under the table.  It is easier for some kids to learn when they see something physical. 
They colored the tree and the items.
The English language is so funny.  Over and under, to the kids, also meant above and below, on top & on bottom, up and down, they kept using different phrases to answer me when I asked them whether the item belongs over or under.   Either way, I think they grasped the concept!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment