1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, October 17, 2014

She's Sweet Sixteen Today!

First and foremost, Happy Sweet 16th Birthday to our Stephanie Michelle!  There she was, all 5 lbs 9 ounces of her, scaring me to death on my first day of motherhood.  I was 20 years old when I became a mom.  I can still hear her newborn cry and her sweet toddler voice.  She had earth shattering volume if she wanted to.  I remember looking at this baby and feeling overwhelmed with the amount of information I wanted to teach her right away, but it would have to wait.  A mother's job is never completed!
Here she is, a smart and beautiful young woman!  We are so very proud of the person Stephanie is becoming.  Happy Birthday!
Yesterday we created a simple paper plate pumpkin pocket to hold three leaves for counting practice.  The kids are working on writing their names if they can, and numbers as well.
This project required a little bit of one on one time at the small table.  This way, I can ensure that each child had a chance to practice counting WITH me, instead of being drowned out by everyone else.
I love children's hand writing.
At the bus stop yesterday afternoon, one of the kids' dad stopped by with his police dog to say hello.
They thought he was just dressing up for the day!  Maybe sometime he will come visit and show the kids the car up close.  It was a fun distraction from waiting for the bus!
►Now playing at Henle House: "Hedwig's Theme" from the Harry Potter soundtrack.  It's a Harry potter kind of morning. ♪
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment