1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Take Them Outside!

We are moving along.  I know that in Kindergarten the kids don't work on the alphabet in order.  In preschool, we do.  Not everyone I have in my preschool group can sing the ABC's yet, so working on preschool letters in order is helpful for this reason.  We DO, however, review the letters out of order.  I want the kids to be able to recognize the letters without use of the song.
We cut up a worksheet to glue onto the paper.  I think the kids are enjoying this.  
It's a great way to further develop those fine motor skills. Just one added step keeps them busy a little bit longer.
We got down to business!  Look how well she is holding her crayon!!  
I liked this particular worksheet because it doesn't ask the kids to draw their own.  I know that can be valuable, but tracing practice is wonderful.  They traced all of those C's.

Something else I am encouraging them to do is to think about the colors they are using when coloring an item.  "What color is a carrot?"  "Can you find an orange crayon?"  We are also working on recognizing the color orange.
Some of the kids are excited to come in and see a new letter on the flannel board.
We are now looking at and counting to three!
Meanwhile, the rain took a break and out they went, to look for falling leaves.   
I am very blessed to have a job that sends me outside quite often.  Did you know that the Department of Early Learning only requires licensed childcare centers to take the kids outside for 30 minutes each day?  Between our bus stop walks and outside times, I think on average we are outside for about two hours every day.  Probably 3 or more, if the weather is nice in the afternoons.  Outside time is very important!!  Not only will the kids begin to enjoy noticing the things around them, but they are more active, less germy and generally more content when they haven't been cooped up all day.
Take them outside!
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment