1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Post Office

Remember yesterday when I asked for ideas about what to do with the space under the loft?  Someone sent me a message with the idea of not putting something permanent, but a themed idea that will last a couple of weeks or so.  I LOVE that!  As it turns out, most preschools do this.  I guess when I am stuck in my bubble I fail to notice these things. :)  Goodbye kitchen.
Hello, Post Office!  
I moved the shelf and added some tape with each childs name on it.  These represent the mailboxes.  
See?
Here's where I gave up some control- allowing crayons to be available all of the time.  This is HARD for me.  The stickers (cringe), too.  But in order to offer a full working post office for the kids to explore, I need to get over my anxiety about mess.  The kids had a stern talking to about where we color and stick stickers, and where we do NOT.  Maybe  once or twice I will switch up the stickers with some stamps, too.  (Sigh.  I hope this works!)
Also freely available, envelopes, post card sized paper, pencils.
Lined writing paper is great, too!
Since it is February, I stuck a box on the shelf with some hearts.  The kids can use them however they choose.
It looks pretty clean!  
They couldn't wait to get their hands and eyes into the Post Office to explore.
They have the freedom to move all of the supplies to the table if they choose to!
Mail was being delivered!
They were so busy creating all morning that we threw out our table work.
I hung a clothes line in the Post Office for the kids to hang up their mail if they choose.  They liked that idea!
It was a good thing that I had to buy my son some new shoes and had this box.  I can't believe that his shoes are larger than mine.  He is ten years old. This box makes a great mailbox!
This is what I did with it.  Simple.  This way, the kids can further their play and actually play mailman.
I added a corner shelf for the phone.  Last night our new cash register arrived, so now the kids can pay to mail their packages.  (Packages that I have yet to find, but am working on it.)  It's always best if these fun spaces can be created using minimal funds.  Adam is bringing me home a couple of small boxes. 
I love that the mailboxes were filling up with mail.  HOW FUN!  Thanks for reminding me that I don't have to keep things permanent, Joya!  I sat down and created a lengthy list of themes and businesses that this space will become next.  
Baby Zuko found a friend. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment