1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Enhance The Worksheet

We worked on the concept of "bottom" yesterday.  I was pleasantly surprised that we didn't have even ONE butt reference. :)  Maybe I'm the only preschooler?  (Chuckle)  Anyway-- I had a worksheet for them that I felt was worth using.  To enhance the learning experience, we got out some boxes from our Post Office and stacked them up. 
"Which box is on the bottom?"
"Please show me a cubby that is on the bottom!"
"Can you locate the bottom of the chair?"
"Which part of the door is at the bottom?"
We retreated back to the table to color the shelf and the instruments on the shelf.
The goal was for them to glue the drum onto the bottom shelf.  We glued our worksheet to a piece of blue paper for fun.
We took advantage of the extra space by implementing a simple name writing exercise.  I find that the lines help the kids to understand that when they place the letters next to each other in order, it then becomes a word.  Without the lines, they might draw the letters, but they are usually in strange places or not next to each other at all.
Look at those letters!!  I don't feel bad about using a worksheet when we enhance it with small activities.  This type of learning is great for preschoolers.
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment