1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Playroom Facelift

I was sick over the weekend and wasn't feeling 100% as far as energy goes yesterday.  We had a free play day and watched Milo and Otis. Popcorn and movies can fix everything.  The kids just thought they were lucky, and I felt saved by the television.  I'm not ashamed.  
Do you remember when I mentioned that the playroom tree was going to disappear?  It did.  I am SO GLAD! The wall got a fresh coat of blue paint.  Stephanie is working off her trip to California.  There is always something in this house to paint!
Because I have the painting bug, I jumped in there and slapped another coat of white on the steps up to the loft.
It's looking pretty comfortable with the cushions.  
Adam built me a simple box to hold the felt letters I ordered.  They haven't arrived yet.  In fact- since we have had the felt board, I haven't really offered ample felt supplies for the kids to play with.  (FAIL.)  I had been holding on to the idea that I was going to buy felt sheets and just create some cool stuff.  It never happened.  I ordered 500 alphabet pieces.  When they arrive, they will fit into the box and be available at all times for small hands to spell up some imaginary words.   It is usually right around February that I get the urge to spice things up in the playroom.  They need some new toys, I need some new color and something interesting.  Hey- if you have a dollhouse available, I will purchase it from you.  Adam accidentally sent our awesome doll house to the dump a while back.
See the space underneath the loft?  It has been a kitchen forever.  I cannot think of what to put in the space.  The kitchen is tired.  The kids are less and less interested in it.  Do you have any ideas?  I thought about turning it into a dress up station, but I think my dress up cabinet is too much of a distraction commodity to make it available all of the time.  Help!!  I am drawing a blank.
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment