1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Kings Of Hearts

Plugging along with the letter K, we made some simple crowns.  Kings wear crowns.  All morning I had that nagging feeling that I need to let the kids know that Jesus is King of all of the kings and of all of the people, and he was so amazing that he would NEVER wear a crown.  I love that about Jesus.  
I realized how confusing it was to make a crown while trying to get the kids to understand the letter Kk. Oh well!   
I had these leftover hearts from a previous project.  I cut out some contact paper squares larger than the heart shapes.  We made stained glass hearts!
The kids stuck some Valentine colored tissue squares to the contact paper.  I try to have them fill it all in as much as possible.
When they said they were ready, I added some tacky glue to the heart and let them glue the hearts into place.
The kids aren't using scissors yet, so I trimmed the edges for them.
Ta-da!
This is STILL happening.  Zuko just really wants to be friends with Smudge.  In Smudge's defense- he is allowing the other cats to be in his bubble.  I caught these two playing a couple of days ago, but the second that Smudge noticed my noticing- he left the room.  Still, Zuko continues to follow him around and reached out a paw to touch him as he goes by.
Before the bus stop walk this morning we found Zuko up on the roof.  I got him down just in case he couldn't.  I'll bet that he was just fine, though.
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment