1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Nighttime Birds

I wanted to do something with markers.  Maybe it's the winter blues that has me craving bright colors, I don't know.  Anyone else suffer from winter blues?  Praise the Lord God for sending us sunshine the past three days!!  I have not taken it for granted-- we have been enjoying it immensely.  I looked on Pinterest for something bright to create for no reason at all. 
Each child had four birds.  Ahead of time, I used Sharpie markers to draw a colorful pattern on each bird.
I think it was smart to use Sharpies, because the kids would then choose a contrasting color to complete the bird.  The Sharpie marker doesn't bleed or blend. 
The kids handled the markers well.  They had to learn that if you hold a marker in one place for too long it might cause a hole. 
They worked on through coloring each bird.
I love when I capture someone with their tongue out in concentration. ♥
The kids glued the birds onto a branch.
The next step was to add eyes and feather tails. 

Aren't these wonderful?  The kids drew some stars in the nighttime sky. 
The art wall looks great right now!
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥
"Nighttime Birds" by The Gathering.  I used to listen to this album while working a swing shift in the back of the bakery as a cake decorator.  They let me work that swing shift to keep Stephanie out of daycare for an extra day each week when she was two years old.  I'd often work until 2AM- music really kept me going.  ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment