1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

♥Love♥

♫"The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round..."♫  This song has been very popular lately!  It's even more fun because we get to see a real bus several times each day.  The kids are noticing parts of the song on the REAL bus.  "Miss Nicole, look!  Real blinkers!!"   I love group time.  I also love that the kids enjoy singing short songs.  What a great way to start off our preschool schedule.
We discuss the weather and put up the correct forecast for the day.
I usually ask the kids if they can remember what the most recent letter we have learned is.  If someone answers it correctly, they get an MnM out of the good job jar.
The best part of group time is story time!  We have been talking about love and what it means when you love someone. We read that awesome book about a boy and how much he loves his dog.  It turned into a conversation about who we love and how we love our pets.  It then turned into a God loves us conversation.  One die hard Little Mermaid fan piped up, "But God does NOT love Ursula.  Nope, he doesn't love her."  I laughed so hard because she has been bagging on poor Ursula, the sea witch, for weeks.  Don't worry, I told her eventually that God loves even Ursula.  You should've seen the stone cold shock on her little face.  Funny tidbit-- yesterday I took one of those silly facebook quizzes to see which Disney villain I am-- Ursula!  
Anyway- books can spark great conversation!  I like to read it, communicate with the kids during it, and ask them questions afterward, as well as answer theirs.  It's much more engaging than being talked at.
We are working on the number 11.  I was drawing a blank, so we just created 11 smiley faces on our paper.
I drew some simple examples.
I love when kids draw faces.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment