1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Bliss

I am in love with the cash register.  It is just one of those cool toys that most preschools have and it took me a long time to justify purchasing it.  WORTH EVERY PENNY.  It's solar powered, no batteries- works like a calculator and is built to last.  Here is where I ordered it from, I love the website.  It's also where I purchase most of our supplies.  We used the cash register in group time yesterday to take turns looking at the number twelve and typing it into the cash register.
They enjoyed it very much!
Something so simple had the kids busy with anticipation just waiting for their turn. ♥
The felt letters have arrived!
Usually when we get something new, it has to be introduced.  We talk about what the item is for and how to use it, where it goes when it is time to clean up.  They were checking out all of the letters inside the box that Adam built for us.
For our table time we played with some paperclips.  The idea is to have the kids learn how to use the paperclip, and to attach it to the note card on the lines. 
When they completed that task, they could just go nuts and add as many as they wanted to.   It's a simple task- and they enjoyed it.  We tried to count twelve paperclips.
Proud of her work!
Next up was to draw on small chalkboards.  We are reviewing some shapes.  Sometimes it's great to mix things up and do a project that doesn't hang up on the art wall.  While they will never again see the shapes that they drew, they enjoyed this time!  
 She turned her circles into a caterpillar.
 He was thrilled that he drew a heart!
He created a spring with circle shapes!  Everyone was happy, it's bliss when things go so smoothly.
The horticulture club at Stephanies school grew these beautiful daffodils and my mother in law, who works at the school, sent these home for me!  
They look great next to these beautiful lily's that my handsome hubby surprised me with the other day.  It is so nice to have fresh flowers in the house.  I am longing for Spring, I can already see the gardens waking up.  
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥
One of the best songs that I have ever witnessed performed live was this one.  Precious Things by Tori Amos.  I brought my mom with me to see Tori in Seattle a few years ago and this song in particular left my mom saying, "WOW!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment