1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Giant Newspaper Hearts

I cut out two large newspaper hearts for each child.
I stapled the two hearts together almost all of the way around.  The kids were going to stuff the hearts, so they need to access the inside.  I then reinforced the newspaper with packing tape in the spots that would need hole punching to accommodate the pipe cleaner handle.  These hearts were large enough that we needed two pipe cleaners per child.   This prep work was appropriate for the kids that I had.  Older kids can do all of these steps themselves.
It should look like this before the kids begin their work!
 We used toilet paper.  It sure has been handy lately!
The kids got busy stuffing their giant hearts!
When the hearts were stuffed, I stapled the rest of the puffy heart closed.  The kids began to paint.  I gave them red and white paint.
It's pretty exciting to paint a 3D object vs. a flat piece of paper.  There was a whole different type of excitement going on!
They paid special attention to mixing the two colors together to create some pink. 
I love this project!  In the past the hearts we made were smaller, but since I only had 3 kids for preschool yesterday, we went big.  Go big or go home.
♥♥♥
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment