1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Roasted Chicken, Indian Corn & Chippy

I had to share this recipe!  Last night we had this for dinner- it was glorious!  I found it on Pinterest, thank you Martha Stewart.  You can get the recipe here.  During the last 45 minutes of baking, I added cubed sweet and russet potatoes.  Delicious!  I love when the weather gets cold, time for comfort food.
We created some indian corn for art.  We took a close look at some that decorate Henle House.
The goal was to use a Q-Tip and dot the paint onto the corn shape to create corn.  We used brown, red and orange. 
Dot...dot..dot...dot...
Just glue on some green husks and you have a nice November piece of art!
Look who has been nursing babies!  Chippy has been around a lot lately.  I wish she would come inside and stay, or at least move her nest to our apple tree.  I know it's impossible for her to keep her babies safe if she lives in our yard. 
If I don't get up fast enough to give her some peanuts, she gets closer and closer.  She often grabs onto the door.  It's adorable.
Enter Petra.  She never let's Chippy get away with it.  Smudge let's her eat in peace, but Petra just can't handle that.  
Chippy and I have an understanding, though.  If Petra ruins the feeding frenzy on the porch, I move the nuts up into the apple tree for quick retrieval by Chippy.  Petra can climb the tree, but Chippy can climb it and jump to the safety of the next tree, and Petra cannot. Phew!
If you click on the photo, you can get a better view of Chippy eating in the tree.
 Every time I see a book about a squirrel, I have to buy it immediately.  We have lots of them.  This one is pretty hilarious!
I love this one because it teaches about real squirrels.  Children's book are so wonderful!
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment