1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Rainy Day Arsenal

I failed in the photo department yesterday, so I don't have any fun preschool photos to share this morning.  I thought I'd share about what we do when it pours down rain!  I have games and puzzles that do not come out often.  I find that if I keep some toys and games stored away, they become so much more exciting when they reappear!  On crazy rainy days like today- playtime can get boring for the kids.  It's hard to be trapped inside!  A great group board game is a good rainy day boredom buster.  We've got enough games to keep it exciting, that's for sure. :)
I remember learning the hard way about having puzzles available on the shelf for the kids.  They were immediately mixed up and pieces were lost.  Now I keep the puzzles put away and occasionally set them out for the kids to play at the table.   Puzzles are also a great "calm down" activity for anyone who just isn't having a good day and might need some alone busy time.
I love giant floor puzzles!  When a local toy shop was going out of business..(I wanted to die!) I lucked out on some great clearance deals for large puzzles.  This is a great way for two or three preschoolers to work together and complete something large. 
Another thing I like to rotate= children's books!   We have a quiet book reading time every day while I prepare the table for our project.  The kids like finding books they haven't seen before, it's good to keep them excited.   I have a feeling that we will be using some rainy day activities today!  It's pouring!
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment