1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Let's Make Turkeys!


 We can't seem to get through a November without creating at least one turkey project.  It's kind of macabre, really, to create cute art dedicated to the beasts we want to butcher and eat.  Who's in?  
(Evil laugh..)
Hand print art is usually the type of art I like to save.  The hands of my babies will only be this small for such a short time!  For these turkeys, the four fingers must be touching and the thumb needs to stick out as a turkey neck and head.  In the past we have had the kids spread their fingers as much as possible.  Either way works, but I was going for something slightly different this time.  
See?  The turkeys are looking at eachother.
The kids drew legs.  They glued eyes and beaks on.  I added some tacky glue for them to stick feathers to. 
I just know that these two are gobbling!  It was my own fault that the kids spent the rest of the day gobbling, too.  They thought it was so funny!
The one on the left is a bit surprised by something.  Probably a hungry farmer.  We've been reading lots of turkey escape books. 
These two have no idea what's going on.   I've known some turkeys like that before!  They are either MONSTERS or stupid.
The one on the left can actually see us!  The one on the right is ready to turn and run.  Run, turkey, RUN!
I love creating birds with the kids.  Feathers for art are very messy, but the kids love to use them and I love the results.  Just add feathers to anything and the kids take more of an interest in what they are doing.

It is so funny when turkeys attack cars!  This one is definitely a road boss. 
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment