1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, November 22, 2013

A Bunch Of Turkeys

 The turkey fun continues!  I'll admit, usually right now we are reading pilgrim books and learning about them.  I strongly feel that the pilgrims were not the nice people that the books portray them to be and it has caused me this year to avoid the subject with the kids.  Maybe I'm just being stubborn- but I'm pretty sure that there was some horrific slaughtering going on.  No pilgrim glorification for me this year.  Instead, let's create turkeys and give them hope before the slaughter!  Geesh!!  How's that for irony?  
ANYWAY- we created turkey hats.  I cut out the pieces ahead of time.  This project took only about ten minutes.  Easy!
The kids glued the pieces on.  Glue sticks are great for a project that results in instant wear.  When they have something to wear or play with immediately after creating, I avoid the google eyes.  We used white paper circles so they could continue using the glue sticks. 
Once they got the pieces glued on and added marker dots for the eyes, I measured their heads and stapled the feathers to the back of each hat.
Look, a turkey!
More turkeys!  In fact, they were a bunch of turkeys all day.  It was great!
Today we are having a free day.  
♫Here's a fun version of Sleigh Ride, by FUN.♫
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment