1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, September 6, 2013

One Red Apple Mosaic

It's apple season!  I love that, because we just so happen to begin preschool with the letter Aa and the color red.   I like to let the kids use torn paper pieces to create mosaic art.  If the kids are able, they can tear up their own pieces.  This is a great activity for two year olds!  To save time yesterday, I tore the pieces myself ahead of time.  We have finally fallen back into a comfortable bus routine.  All I have to do is say, "Ok, it's time to line up!"  They all get up and move to where they are supposed to go.  Thank you God for this- it makes life so easy.
"Please show me ONE finger."  Ok, for the millionth time, here is just one finger.  We counted how many apples are on our papers.
Time to glue!  I do try to encourage the kids to glue the pieces where they are supposed to go.  This can be easy for young kids to forget, but keeps them thinking along the way.  They are great workers!
With each piece attached, "Look Miss Cole!  I did it!"  I have to immediately respond with a hooray or words of encouragement.  Kids thrive on positive feedback. :)
Once the kids can understand how to use the glue stick, they feel more in control of what they are doing.  Knowing that they first use the glue, and then they find a piece and stick it onto the glue is just enough to keep them interested in their work.
Look at those beautiful apples! 
I apologize about the poor quality of photos.  I have been using my cell phone to take photos, and will have to do that until I can get a camera. 
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥
♫Now playing at Henle House: In & Out Of Love by Armin Van Buuren, featuring Sharon Den Adel. ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment