1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 9, 2013

Handprint Trees/Smudge Came Home

Look at the beautiful fog this morning on our bus walk!  Praise the Lord for a change of seasons.  The official first day of Fall is September 22nd this year.  It is already beginning to change outside. 
We each created a handprint tree. :)  The kids got a kick out of this because I have never painted their arms before. Every tree has a trunk, so it was necessary.
There were many "Whoa"s and "Look, a tree!"s. 
Time to add leaves.  They each tried to use just one finger.  We are working on the number one.
It's ok if one tree has many colors.  No rules.
One thing I can't live without during finger painting- baby wipes.  These are incredible efficient tools to avoid a sloppy sink hand washing escapade.  They are strong and they do the job completely!
Also, when in a bind with a short time frame, I will skip using the paint trays and resort to paper plates.  Just pop them in the trash and I am finished with clean up in no time at all. 
Beautiful!
I love to see fall colors in the house right now. :)
SMUDGE CAME HOME YESTERDAY!  It had been 9 days.  I wasn't feeling well and had been drifting in and out of sleep when I heard him enter and meow over and over. (He has always announced his presence.)  First I thought I was dreaming because since he left I have had dreams over and over about his return.  Sure enough, I was awake and he came home.  Tears of joy!! He's a bit mad about the new baby Zuko, but has already come to visit me at least five times this morning.  Thank you God for my beast.  He is my best beast and I am so grateful.
♥♥♥A Happy Monday, indeed!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment