1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Group Time

Group time became noteworthy yesterday the moment the kids decided that they had an invisible friend join us.  The kids had just finished cleaning up.  The next step was to get out their group time cushions and find a seat.  I noticed they had placed an extra one out there.  I asked who it was for.
"It's Jack!" He told me.  Really?  Ok.
We gave "Jack" a leaf so he could join the rest of the kids in song. 
"Why isn't Jack holding up his leaf?"  They asked me.  Kids have incredible imagination.  Sure, I'll play along.  "Maybe his arms are tired!  Maybe he's a jack-o-lantern and he doesn't have any arms."  They laughed and agreed.  Jack must be a jack-o-lantern. ☺
Treasure box guessing time!  "I have something in my box today, I wonder what it is?"  I gave them clues.  This box is used to highlight an every day object that the kids use.  We talk briefly about it.  Guessing what it is can be pretty tough!  I gave them some very easy clues..
  • We use this when our noses are runny.  ("Sleeves!" Someone answered... NO!)
  • We keep ours at my house in the kitchen.
  • It is usually white! 
 They guessed it correctly, a kleenex!  We tried using the kleenex as a shoe... nope.  Can we talk on the kleenex like a phone?  Nope... Can we eat it for a snack?  Nooooo...  This goes on for a while until they are laughing.  We each felt how soft and gentle it is for our noses.  Who knew a kleenex could be so entertaining!
Smudge was feeling needy and hopped onto my lap for the rest of group time.  Sometimes he is so bossy.  I love it!
There are never too many snuggles for my best beast.
Early this morning on my walk outside to get the paper, the sky was so blue.  I cannot believe my cell phone actually captured it. :)
♥♥♥Happy Friday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment