1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Autumn Has Arrived

Friday we created some Bears! Bb is for bear. ☺ The rest of my photos didn't turn out, sorry!  I like the idea of turning the letter into the creature or thing that the sound represents.  Easy and fun. 
The greatest thing in the world has happened- Autumn has arrived!  Those of you who know me well understand that this is my favorite time of year.  I love everything about Autumn.  The smells, the scenery, the cool chill in the air- pumpkins-- spooks--- on and on and on I could go.  Thank you God for the change of season! I feel energized and excited.  Sorry if I make you crazy over the next couple of months with my gushy love of Fall.  See what I did with our galvanized bucket?  Adam put some apple tree wood in it about a month ago.  I added lights and will continue to add leaves.  Place it on top of a doily, and we have a bucket that celebrated Autumn!
Love love love this.  I love when the weather changes and it gets dark in the house.  It is the perfect invitation to light up some things.  Candles galore!
Our kids worked hard and finished stacking the mill ends on Saturday.  We are ready for a cozy fire!  It's not quite cold enough yet, but I did flip on the wall heater this morning.  It's a bit chilly.
We celebrated the first day of Autumn in our house with caramel popcorn and apple cider.  Amen.  If this recipe did not exist, I'd probably be dead. In fact, I laughed out loud when I found a note I scrawled across the side of the recipe that says "My life depends on this stuff." 
I stove pop 3 batches of popcorn in olive oil.  That's 1 1/2 cups of popcorn.  Clean out the kernals so you don't break a tooth!
In a saucepan:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 cups light brown sugar
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
♥Heat until bubbly and sugar is melted.♥
  • 1 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
♥Mix it in and cook until bubbly.  A minute or two.  Remove from heat.♥
  •  Add 1 teaspoon vanilla
♥Pour over your popcorn and coat evenly.  Eat it with a washcloth nearby- this is a gooey mess of deliciousness that is hard to walk away from.  It is fantastic leftover.. days later.  Keep it covered. ♥
I have to wait another week to get out the Halloween.  Can you believe that it is already this time of year?  This year is FLYING by.
The kids were so happy that we needed umbrellas at the bus this morning.  Umbrellas are like bandaids, they just fix everything. 
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment