1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Inviting Play

It's fun to take something that we do often and turn it into something to hold onto! We sing this song in the Fall.  In group time, the kids get to hold leaves and let them fall down as they are singing.  Why not create something to take home?  The idea is to allow the kids to share with their families what they are doing.
A simple construction paper pocket will do the job.  Just fold it up and staple the sides. 
Out came some leaf stamps! 
The kids glued the words onto the envelope.  They stamped some leaves onto the envelope.
They collected some fake leaves to stuff inside of the envelopes.  This way when they take the song home, they can use the leaves and share!
While they were doing that, I created some leaf puppets for them.  I decided to use hot glue because it's fast and it holds up well.  I just glued the leaf to a stick and added eyes.
The kids added mouths.  
As I suspected, they all wanted to take their leaf puppets outside to play.  Adding a leaf with eyes to a stick was an invitation for imaginative play.  Their leaves were chasing each other and they all ran around with their puppets screaming and hollering.  (So sorry, any of my neighbors who were home..) I love when the kids can play with art!  
Something miraculous has happened- I have only two children with me right now since my school aged kiddos have gone to school this morning.  I think we might escape to a farm stand. 
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment