1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

One Leaf

I didn't like the worksheet I had planned on using yesterday, so instead I prepared this for the girls.  I had only girls for preschool- it has been so long since that has happened!
 Every morning before art, the kids have an organized quiet book time.  They each have their assigned seats.  The can choose any book they would like and their job is to sit and look at it.  Sounds boring, but I hear some great imaginative conversations between them at book time!  They end up sharing books, swapping books, sharing the exciting pictures.  I think they like that they each have a book spot.  I know I like it.  It keeps the peace while I am cleaning up snack and setting up their project for the day.
The worksheet was useful as a table protector!  I gave the girls each one leaf and they colored some fall colors onto it.
They used the oil pastels.  I love the vibrant colors that resulted.
They paid special attention to detail.  I was surprised that they really didn't need to use that worksheet to protect the table.  These girls worked at keeping the markings ON the leaf.
They glued on the leaf, and added the letters to spell out "one".   Sometimes throwing out the bland worksheet is best.  I like having that freedom.
♫Now playing at Henle House: D'Yer Maker by Led Zeppelin.♫
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment