1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bb, Bugs & Bats

We are now looking at and sounding out words that start with the letter Bb. 
I love to get out this book when we learn the letter Bb.  Bats are so cute! 
Something I like to do when we read in group time is to ask the kids if they can find the current alphabet letter on the cover of the stories for that day.
They found both Aa and Bb.  Part of learning the letter is to be able to recognize it, too.  I realize that these kids are only three years old, but they are so smart.  They will learn whatever I present to them.  So why not?  Never discount the ability of a 2 or 3 year old.  Their minds are sponges.  Soaking up EVERYTHING.  (Even those "everythings" I didn't mean for them to hear... which keeps me on my toes. LOL!)
We continued our lesson about Bb during outside play time.  The kids were looking for bugs. 
Here she had 2 slugs.  Gross!  "No! Don't pick it up!!"  I pleaded... it would've been my job to scrub the slug slime off..
We stopped to see the kids' pumpkins.  The vines have given up, but their miniature pumpkins look great!
See?
They were noticing the leaves.  I guess I talk about the trees a LOT.  I'm not sorry.
"Look at this one!"
"Miss Nicole, take my picture."  Don't mind if I do. :)
♫Now playing at Henle House:  St. Louis Blues by Billie Holiday.  I love her. ♫
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment