1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, September 16, 2013

Leaves

The countdown continues here at Henle House.  Not counting today, we have 6 days until the first day of Autumn.  The leaves are changing outside, and we have taken notice.  We collected some of the fallen beauties on our way home from the morning bus.
I just can't help but to repeat this project year after year.  Leaves are beautiful pieces of Gods art!  "Who made the leaves?" I asked them.  "God did!"  They answered.  I asked them if they have the power to create leaves like God does.  (Confused looks.)  NO WAY!  Only God can create such beauty.  We just stuck our leaves to some clear contact paper.  Don't have any?  You can use two sheets of wax paper and just iron them together.  Make sure you place a sheet of newspaper over the top of your wax paper before you iron it though.  That will keep your iron clean. ☺
I carefully placed another sheet of it over the top of the leaves.  The point is to secure the contact paper to itself, so we made sure to leave some space in between some leaves.  
We added a construction paper frame.  I used tape to avoid glue drying time.
I thought I would get out some leaf stamps!  Boy did the kids like that!  I don't like to get out ink pads.  It usually results in me scrubbing it off of the table.  They managed to keep it simple, it went without incident.  
See how the stamp completed the frame?  I think it was a nice touch.
I love love LOVE this! The light shines through and highlights the different colors and all of the leaf veins. 
Meanwhile, I am so glad it's candle burning weather!  We had an incredible storm last night- it makes the home so nice and cozy to have candles burning.
♥♥♥Happy Monday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment