1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Let's Get Real

It's time for a bit of getting real.  People often ask me if I like my job.  Of course I do, but let's be real here.   There is a lot of stuff that happens that makes it hard at times.   It makes me feel vulnerable, even attacked.  I thought I'd share, because I'm human and need the outlet. 
Using our home as a business has it's faults.  We have to dedicate part of our personal space to the business.  I have to post business papers on my wall.  That's not very homey.   I have to be ready for my licensor to invade my space at any moment.  I can't just leave my laundry pile out in the open.  Can you believe I have had people say to me, "I hate that your house is so clean." I think every time someone says that to me a bit of my soul cries!  Don't they understand that I have to keep this house clean because it represents me as a business woman?  I don't feel it's fair to feel attacked.  It brings me joy to provide a clean space for my family.  I don't know why some people feel so threatened by that.  I get a lot of good comments about it, too.  While that is uplifting,  my human nature can't seem to let go of the negative comments.  I'm working on it. ☺
The best part about my job is the fun I have with these kids.  It feels good to try my best (and trust me- I have bad days just like everyone else) to provide a safe and happy place for these kids while they are missing their parents.  I am not a perfect childcare provider, but I do feel that this is what God has provided for me to do, and I love doing it.
The WORST part of this job is that I am just plain lonely.  A lot.  I don't get to go to a workplace filled with other adults from all walks of life and have meaningful conversations.  It's hard to make friends.  I think it's even harder when friends want me to be their childcare provider.  I then become a business associate.  That is the hardest part.  I need some close confidants in my life and now that my handsome hubby is no longer working with me I find myself having a pity party.  Just keeping it real! 
Maybe I'm moody? LOL
1Thessalonians 5:18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
♥♥♥Happy Thursday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment