1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Planning Ahead

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  It was the perfect opportunity to sit down and plan out the entire summer as far as Henle House goes.  The kids had a great hour of outside time in the sun, and I got my planning done!
I have several books that have been acquired here and there over the past couple of years.  These are great go-to's when I am in a bind.  Summer activity and art planning is somewhat different than preschool planning.  Summer is more relaxed.  We don't do art every day, but in place of that I have an organized activity in mind to use as a back up plan.  It's good to have something to fall back on!
Here's what it looks like.  Just calendar filled in with an idea for an art project or and activity.  Of course, if we have a fun idea on the actual day, we will just do that instead.  Sometimes my brain just stops coming up with stuff to do. (Surprise!  Actually, that is MOST of the time.)  That is why I love to have a plan written out for myself in advance to refer to.  I don't think there is anything worse with a house full of kids than for the kids to be bored or bouncing off the walls, with NOTHING planned to offset that. 
I like to save past ideas that have been found.  I keep my notes, too.   We are now ready! 
I think this could be good for stay at home moms with kids in the summer, too! Just a simple list of fun activities to refer to later, only even BETTER, because those families may have the option of getting out more than we do.  So the importance of keeping busy and entertained is GREAT at Henle House. 
Hooray for Spring!  Out came the rope chair a couple of days ago.  I love to sit here and look at the blossoms, listen to the birds singing and watching the ducks and fisherman on the lake.  The chair is hanging in the precise location where the sunshine is the warmest in the afternoon. Perfect!
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment