1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Challenging Myself By Preaching

I forgot to take photos yesterday. I thought I would just share with you what I have been up to lately.  I'm taking the path I never thought I would take as an adult- a Teaching, Preaching and Witnessing class that our church offers. Yes- that means I have to preach.  In front of people.  Whom I will then have to see again afterward.  Let's just not mention the panic that I have about messing up God's word in front of people who are seasoned speakers.  Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!
I have become shy over the past 18 years when it comes to speaking to adults.  I think that my line of work with children has not exactly helped me.  I am used to having conversations with three year olds.  In high school I loved speech and debate.  I actually won an award for an impromptu speech.  In fact, I won awards in improvisation  as well.  Now I can't stand to play Cranium because I know I may have to act something out- I would rather not.  When I signed up for this class- I was sure I was just going to die.   We are four classes in- and while I feel a little bit more comfortable speaking to the small group of people who have been in class all of this time- preaching to them freaks me out.  Keep in mind- I will never actually be a preacher. (Thank you, God.)  I believe that God's design for the church is that a man should lead it.  
 Life can get so boring without a challenge.  I need this class.  Even if I mess it all up, I will feel better knowing that if I am brave enough to get up and preach in front of people, everything else I have to say in front of people will be a piece of cake.  Being in a position at church where I am usually standing next to my husband youth pastor, I need to be able to communicate with people.  It is our job to spread the good news about God and to encourage others to do the same, regardless of where we are or what we do.  I hope to gain that boldness.
One thing I know for sure, God is my rock.  I will be clinging to Him throughout this whole process. 
Interested in free Bible college? 
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
    Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
    They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
    Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world. Psalm 19:1-4

    You, Nicole, are a witness with speech or without. I see the Lord in you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very encouraging. I know what you mean about the acquired shyness. I think being a mom is a big part of it. Maybe I can get the guts to do this class the next time it comes around!

    ReplyDelete