1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Our Day Is..

Our day is very noisy at times!  Early morning is my busiest time.  It involves the making and serving of breakfast, the cleaning up and guiding children to play afterward, and the organizing and pouring of drinks so they are ready for snack time.  All of the while, trying to keep the children out of the parent's hair as they are being dropped off.  I hope that parents don't think our entire day is that hectic!  It isn't.  Once all of this is in order, I get to read my paper and check the email, and blog.  (Is it break time yet?)  
I forgot- there is no break.
We start group time at 9:00 if everyone is ready. ♥
Snack follows grouptime, and then we have 10 minutes of book time.  
Each child has an assigned spot to be while they look at books.  
This allows me time to get the tables cleaned up from snack and the art ready for them.
We wrote the letter Nn yesterday. )
Then out they go!  Outside time is so good for them. :)
While they are outside running off some steam, I am cleaning up art, setting up nap time, preheating the oven if needed for lunch.  No break yet!  All of the while, helping with potty visits and diaper changes. 
Somewhere in there I remember to breath and refill my coffee. 
 They come in for 30 minutes of cartoon time.  It is very quiet. 
I make lunch. ♥ Yesterday it was for nine kids.  Lunch, no matter what it is for the day, must be able to be completed and plated in 30 minutes.  We had grilled cheese and tomato soup with sliced apples and goldfish crackers yesterday. 
Then after another potty time escapade,  the kids go down for nap.  This is not always easy, it takes some time.  Then I can make something for myself to eat and collapse on the couch for at least an hour.  Lately we have had a lot of nap time interruptions.  It's tough when some are great sleepers and others are not.  We will get the kinks worked out eventually.  My goal is to take great care of all of these kids, to make this a comfortable place to grow.
It can be crazy.   Although I sometimes wish I had the day off, when I DO get a day off I don't know what to do with myself!  I'm grateful to have this job, the crazy is good for me.  It has taught me to be efficient!  It has also taught me to pray for grace.
♥♥♥Happy Tuesday!♥♥♥


No comments:

Post a Comment