1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Add A Prop To A Book

FINALLY, I have in my possession a Goldilocks book that sticks to the original story!  I have searched for a very long time to find one with great art.  I really lucked out this time, I found a set of four original fairy tales from Scholastic.  It always drives me crazy when authors take the original story and add a twist or change it completely. Maybe that is just my OCD.
The kids really enjoyed the story.  There were lots of questions to ask the kids at the end of the story, too.  I thought it was a good morals story, we certainly don't go into a strangers home and eat their food. Look at the beautiful illustration!
I remembered that we have a three bears building set.  What a great thing it was to build the three bears while the story was fresh in our memory!
Look at all of the wonderful pieces they had to choose from. :)
One child found a pair of pants and quickly reminded me about the Dr. Seuss book we recently read called "What Was I Afraid Of?"  He really enjoyed having a pair of pants to play with while he looked at the pictures again. :)  A prop sure makes looking at a book more fun!
I set this out randomly just to see if someone would find it and be engaged.
Sure enough,  it was a kid magnet.  I am going to keep trying to add a prop when I can.
Meanwhile, we are learning about the number 13.  We colored, glued, and then dotted our number 13's.
♥♥♥Happy Wednesday!♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment