1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Worksheets

Worksheets can be very helpful.  We are learning how to trace the lines of the star shape.  Is there a child on this planet who does not know what the star shape is before we teach it to them?  Anyway, we worked on some stuff Friday. 
Sometimes the hardest thing for me to teach is the correct way to hold a crayon or pencil.  Sometimes the kids come up with their own way of holding it.  My handsome hubby holds his pencil funny, but it works for him.  As long as the kids are not fisting the crayon, I feel like I have taught them something useful.
Something I have been trying hard to remember:  allow the kids who can use scissors to actually use them. 
This was a great sorting worksheet.  Color, cut, sort and glue.  They did a great job!
The sun was shining and it was time for the return of the rope chairs.  Now- these chairs are usually off limits to the kids.  Strictly grown ups only, but this one was bored and was the last one here.  "Ok, let's get you up in it.  Just this once."   BEST CHAIRS EVER.  Happy Monday!♥♥♥  The rain has returned.
Song for today is It's In The Rain by Enya.  I used to dream of the Washington rain when I lived in Utah.  In my dreams, it would just pour so hard it was coming back up off of the ground at least 4 or 5 inches.  I always woke up happy because I felt like I had been home. ♥♫

1 comment:

  1. worksheets = yes. scissors = me too! rain = now that you're one of us Washingtonians do you have nightmares about drowning? =)

    ReplyDelete