1John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

15 Bumblebees

♫Happy Spring!  We sang the bumblebee song.  ♫
I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee,
Won't my mama be so proud of me, 
I'm bringing home my baby bumblebee..
OUCH!  He stung me!
(Smack hands together)
I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee,
Won't my mama be so proud of me,
I'm squishing up my baby bumblebee,
(Look at hands..) Eeew, all dirty!
(Washing hand motions)
I'm washing off my baby bumblebee,
Won't my mama be so proud of me,
I'm washing off my baby bumblebee...
♪All clean!♫
It is officially spring because the fawn has arrived.  We usually see a new one each year, sometimes two.  This fuzzy little guy arrived right on time. Click on the photo to see it a little better.♥
 To create our 15 bumblebees, I painted some yellow paint onto a paper plate.  This is what the kids will used to create 15 thumbprints.  Painting it out all over the plate makes it less likely that the fingerprints will be blobs.  We wanted them to dry quickly.
We made sure to count them together individually.
As they dried, I added a couple of lines to create the bumblebees. :)  The kids were delighted by this simple transformation.  One was old enough to be able to do it herself, but she wanted me to do it for her.  Well, ok.  Sometimes I'm a sucker. 
Watch out for bees! Happy Thursday!♥♥
Song for today is now playing at Henle House, I Can See Clearly by Johnny Nash.  We had Luau night at AWANA and I'm not over the happy sunshiny music.  It feels like summer in here. ♫

2 comments: